Click here to download Lily’s resume as a PDF.
Lily is working towards her minor in Graphic Design. She has applied what she has learned already to creating t-shirts, newsletters and promotional items for her sorority as the Director of Public Relations. Below is a link for a newsletter she created in PDF format or you may view it on issuu.
Lily has worked for The Maroon since the fall of 2016. She started as a contributing writer, but now works as the Assistant News Editor. She still writes not only for The Maroon, but Loyola’s magazine The Wolf as well.
You can find her staff profile for The Maroon and all of her published work here.
Lily has gained valuable experience in the broadcast world by working on Loyola’s one to three minute long news segment they produce every weekday. Lily has anchored, wrote scripts, directed, produced, prompted and created graphics for The Maroon Minute. She loved getting to know every aspect that went behind creating a newscast, but enjoys telling the stories most. Below you can click on the link below each image to watch her anchor.
Lily Rain Cummings
email@example.com | (918) 704-1132
The Maroon Loyola University New Orleans, LA August 2016-Present
Assistant News Editor, Contributing Writer and Maroon Minute Contributor
- Created, wrote and distributed articles and assignments for Staff Writers
- Anchor, producer, prompter and content creator for the Maroon Minute
Catholic Charities Incarnate Word Head Start New Orleans, LA September 2016-Present
Teacher’s Assistant/Service Learning Volunteer
- Enforced rules for behavior and procedures for a class of 17 3-Year-Olds
- Developed and administered weekly homework plans and assignments
Katie Koch Home New Orleans, LA October 2016-Present
- Organized showroom and manage inventory and register through ShopKeep App
- Maintained customer and designer contacts through Excel and MailChimp
Tulsa Drillers Minor League Baseball Tulsa, OK April 2015-September 2016
- Implemented the promotional schedule, led on-field entertainment and created an exciting and involved environment for fans
- Trained other team members and managed time and stressful situations
Loyola University New Orleans May 2020
B.A. in Mass Communication with honors
Journalism Sequence, Minor in Graphic Design
Skiatook High School, Skiatook, OK May 2016
Class President, Student Council Secretary and President of National Honor Society
Delta Gamma September 2016-Present
Director of Public Relations
- Created biannual newsletters to publish, designed promotional items for social and philanthropic events and contributed to Epsilon Phi social media platforms
- Managed PR budget with VP Finance and VP Communication
Radio, Television and Digital News Association August 2016-Present
- Attended journalism workshops, RTDNA meetings and tours of news stations
- Gained experience in the industry while making connections
Awards and Honors
- Crescent City Scholarship
- Jesuit Identity Scholarship
- President’s Scholarship
- Delta Gamma Article II Award 2017
Justin Gorski: Director of Promotions and Game Entertainment for the Tulsa Drillers: (918) 574-8315
Lisa Collins: Mass Communication Professor and Advisor: (504) 606-5843
Katie Koch: Owner and Manager of Katie Koch Home: (504) 481-9385