Click here to download Lily’s resume as a PDF.
Lily is working towards her minor in Graphic Design. She has applied what she has learned already to creating t-shirts, newsletters and promotional items for her sorority as the Director of Public Relations. Below is a link for a newsletter she created in PDF format or you may view it on issuu.
Lily has worked for The Maroon since the fall of 2016. She started as a contributing writer, but now works as the Assistant News Editor. She still writes not only for The Maroon, but Loyola’s magazine The Wolf as well.
You can find her staff profile for The Maroon and all of her published work here.
Lily has gained valuable experience in the broadcast world by working on Loyola’s one to three minute long news segment they produce every weekday. Lily has anchored, wrote scripts, directed, produced, prompted and created graphics for The Maroon Minute. She loved getting to know every aspect that went behind creating a newscast, but enjoys telling the stories most. Below you can click on the link below each image to watch her anchor.
Lily Rain Cummings
40470 State Highway 11 Skiatook, OK 74070 | email@example.com | (918) 704-1132
Executive Producer May 2017-Present
- Edited scripts, managed and scheduled staff of 20 people and uploaded final production
- Increased average views per video from 19.46 to 416.63
Assistant News Editor, Contributing Writer August 2016-May 2017
- Created, wrote and distributed articles and assignments for staff writers
Contributor for The Maroon Minute August 2016-May 2017
- Anchored, produced, prompted, directed and created content
Loyola School of Mass Communication August 2017-Present
Social Media Strategist
- Created and implemented editorial calendar and produced content for Loyno SMC’s Facebook and Instagram accounts and analyzed results
Loyola University New Orleans Residential Life 2017-2018 Academic Year
- Facilitated social, academic and personal adjustment of first-year honors students
- Acted as a liaison between residents and administration to implement policies
Tulsa Drillers Minor League Baseball Tulsa, OK
Promotions/Game-Day Intern May 2017-August 2017
- Assisted in game-day operations including promotions, sales, graphics, social media and video production
Promotions Assistant April 2015-August 2017
- Implemented the promotional schedule, led on-field entertainment to create an exciting and involved environment for fans
- Trained other team members and managed time and stressful situations
Loyola University New Orleans May 2020
B.A. in Mass Communication with honors
Journalism Sequence, Minor in Marketing
Radio, Television and Digital News Association May 2017-Present
Vice President of Loyola University New Orleans’ Chapter
Delta Gamma September 2016-Present
Director of Public Relations
Awards and Honors
- Crescent City Scholarship
- Jesuit Identity Scholarship
- President’s Scholarship
- Delta Gamma Article II Award 2017
Justin Gorski: Director of Promotions and Game Entertainment for the Tulsa Drillers: (918) 574-8315
Lisa Collins: Mass Communication Professor and Advisor: (504) 606-5843